Saturday, February 14, 2009

Getting Into The 21st Century

I'm trying to make this blog a little more user-friendly and technologically advanced which, to someone as tech-unsavvy as me, is a tall order. I've noticed that a couple of regular readers have designated themselves as Followers. I know I have many more faithful readers than that. I'd be very happy, therefore, if you could all sign up as followers. That would help me a lot. I'm also looking into how to alert readers that the blog has been updated. I know a bit about RSS and such but I'm wondering how to update readers via an email or to a cellphone that I have just entered a post on the blog. I'm also looking into twitter which I know George over at FC Rocky is a big fan of.
This is all because I have received a lot of encouragement from readers out there who have urged me to keep going with the blog. I am very grateful for that. I want this to be a go-to site for Rapids' fans and others to watch throughout the season. I'll continue to post this year. I'm not going to try and compete with the Rapids' blog (www.rapidsundercurrent.blogspot.com) so I will assume you are all looking at that anyway. I'll just be doing my thing which is bringing you as much good reporting on the team as I can. Please do look out for an upcoming post next week with head coach, Gary Smith. I want to thank you all again for your support. It is hugely appreciated and I hope to get to meet you all this season.

3 comments:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

WOW! You support Gillingham fc?? In Denver? That's cool!

A good way to tell people when you've blogged is to get them to subscribe. I do this with Feedblitz.com- take a look.
There is a link on my blog, too, if you can't find the Feedblitz site itself. The link is on the right hand column if you scroll down.

Gilingham aren't doing so well lately. I hope you have been wearing your lucky blue underpants on match days. They do help, you know. Particularly if worn on the head.

Wa-hey!!

:@}

Nick Thomas said...

Thanks very much for the feedblitz tip B.T. Bear, I'll be sure to check that out. The mighty Gills now have three home games in a row which they have to do well in to get back into playoff position. I can't help supporting them - my Dad was born there. It's in the blood.

Anonymous said...

Nick:

So glad to hear you're going to continue with the blog. For me, it is already "must read" material and I would be saddened to see it come to an end.